Opening: January 12.2018. – National Theatre Sarajevo
Production: East West Center
Cat Vova and Cat Ćiro is a story about rich and spoiled angora cat Vova and homeless cat Ćiro. After all of their quarrels, despite their differences, they become best friends.
This story is important because our children are growing up in society surrounded by social class differences, this story carries important message, despite our differences nothing should affect friendships. We all have something to complement one another. Also we are raising awareness to stop the prejudice – race/nationality.
Sadly society is teaching our children to build walls around people who are different. Theatre is powerful platform for raising awareness to stop the prejudice, especially when it comes to children;
We have to teach them that we all matter, despite our social and racial differences.
Cat Vova admits he feels ashamed because he felt he was better than homeless cat Ćiro.
The show is educational, playful, very imaginative and it’s in the form of musical. Through dancing and interacting with children we bring two worlds together.
- Director: Elma Islamović
- Costume Design: Irma Saje and Vanja Ciraj
- Set Design: Vedad Orahovac
- Composers: Haris Saračević and Ensar Bistrivoda
- Choreography: Emir Fejzić
- Light Design: Amer Šaković
- Sound Design: Haris Saračević
- Chief Stage Techician: Emin Bahtanović
- Director’s Assistant: Eldar Omerbegović
- Light Technician: Harun Helvida
- Stage Technicians: Mirsad Bahtanović, Alen Šahović
- Wardrobe: Lidija Kenović
- Production Assistant: Eldar Omerbegović
- Project Manager: Lejla Abazović-Muratović
- Executive Producer: Ismar Hadžiabdić
- Producer: Haris Pašović